Latest News Updates

The Zanu-PF Presidium will make a determination on the fate of national political commissar Cde Saviour Kasukuwere following yesterday’s Politburo meeting which discussed a report submitted by the ad-hoc probe committee.

Speaking after the extra ordinary meeting in Harare, Zanu-PF spokesperson, Cde Simon Khaya Moyo, said Cde Kasukuwere’s matter was now in the hands of the party’s Presidium which comprises President Mugabe and his two deputies Cde Emmerson Mnangagwa and Phelekezela Mphoko.

Cde Kasukuwere is accused of setting parallel structures in a bid to topple President Mugabe, fanning factionalism, corruption and abuse of office.
Said Cde Khaya Moyo:

“The report by the ad-hoc probe committee chaired by Cde Jacob Mudenda on the Mashonaland Central province petition was fully read to members of the Politburo page by page. There was extensive discussion of the report by members of the Politburo. The Presidium will digest the discussions and make the necessary pronouncement on the matter later.”

  • - chronicle
  • THE Government has said it will not allow Tajamuka/Sesijikile pressure group to hold its planned protests as it has a record of violence.

    Tajamuka/Sesijikile has declared 20 to 25 June as “the days for a total shutdown” as the group plans to lead protests across the country. However, analysts have since dismissed the group as being made up of hopeless attention seekers.

    The Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, Cde Obedingwa Mguni, on Friday said while the Government recognises the constitutional provision of the right to protest, it will not let unruly elements abuse that right. Cde Mguni said the Tajamuka/Sesijikile group has a record of holding violent protests, thus the Government would not tolerate their planned protests.

    Last year the grouping called for similar mass protests which flopped dismally, save for a few isolated chaotic scenes where Tajamuka/Sesijikile hooligans broke into shops and looted goods. Police arrested 95 people in Harare in connection with the isolated disturbances.

  • - sundaynews
  • EMBATTLED Zanu PF national political commissar Saviour Kasukuwere could have fuelled further divisions within the ruling party’s provincial structures yesterday when he reportedly met with five chairpersons after the other five snubbed him, arguing they would only recognise him after he was cleared by the politburo.

    Yesterday’s meeting at the party’s headquarters in Harare was Kasukuwere’s first following weeks of nationwide protests and petitions aimed at jettisoning him from his post as political commissar.

    Under-fire Mashonaland Central chairperson Dickson Mafios, who is Kasukuwere’s half-brother, confirmed the meeting took place. “Yes, I have just been to the meeting. We discussed the ongoing restructuring exercise in the party,” he said. “The restructuring will go ahead because we have to complete it and be ready for elections next year.

    “President (Robert) Mugabe is our candidate and is still very popular, but we need to make sure we have active structures on the ground.”

    Mafios said the meeting was attended by Harare provincial chairperson Charles Tawengwa, Mashonaland Central (Mafios himself), Mashonaland East’s Bernard Makokove, Bulawayo’s Dennis Ndlovu, Matabeleland North’s Richard Moyo and Midlands was reportedly “represented by their political commissar (Makhosini Hlongwane)”.

  • - newsday
  • LOCAL Government minister Saviour Kasukuwere has again dragged his fellow Zanu PF party mate, Mashonaland Central Provincial Affairs minister Martin Dinha, to court, claiming $500 000 as defamation damages after the latter allegedly insinuated he (Kasukuwere) harboured intentions to topple President Robert Mugabe from power.

    In the summons filed on May 9 this year at the High Court by Kasukuwere, who is also Zanu PF political commissar, the minister accused Dinha of having caused the publication of a defamatory article in The Sunday Mail entitled “The Tyson-Malema unholy alliance”.

    Kasukuwere said the article quoted Dinha stating that he (Kasukuwere) was “working with Julius Malema because they both share the ambition to take over power from Presidents Robert Mugabe and Jacob Zuma respectively”.

    Kasukuwere further said in the same article, Dinha is also quoted as having said: “They both (Kasukuwere and Malema) see themselves as young leaders who share the same ambition. The allegations are that they are working together and they share strategies. I know for certain that his younger brother . . . travels to South Africa frequently as he is the point person for the interactions with Malema because of his links there.

  • - newsday
  • The Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Cde Saviour Kasukuwere has ordered local authorities to expedite the issuing of title deeds to residents and give special consideration to home owners who have been occupying houses for more than 25 years.

    He said it was unfair for local authorities to delay issuing title deeds to their residents so that they could continue receiving rentals.

    “The Government has written to most of the local authorities, imploring them that where it is possible, those who have occupied homes for more than 25 years, we believe by then they would have paid sufficiently for them to own those properties.

    “It appears councils are taking their time because they are surviving out of the rentals that come to them from these residents. They must actually be more proactive and go into further development of new homes across their areas so that they do not survive on rentals alone,” said Minister Kasukuwere while responding to questions in Parliament on Wednesday.

  • - chronicle
  • LOCAL authorities are losing millions of dollars to land barons who claim to own land while defrauding home seekers, Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere has said.

    Minister Kasukuwere said the issue of land barons was a serious cancer that the ministry was dealing with.

    He was responding to questions in Parliament on Thursday after giving a ministerial statement on the suspension of Chitungwiza Municipality councillors over corruption allegations.

    “This is a serious cancer in our society. If you calculate say 13 000 stands being sold at $4 000 or $5 000 each, what would they give you? This is about $54 million and this is the amount of money that our local authorities are losing to individuals who claim to own land and sell it and it is indeed a serious cause for concern.

  • - chronicle
  • Speaker of the National Assembly Advocate Jacob Mudenda yesterday reprimanded Zanu-PF political commissar Saviour Kasukuwere for attempting to initiate a discussion in the Chamber on a Zanu-PF team probing him on a litany of allegations raised by the party’s provinces.

    When Cde Kasukuwere made reference to the probe team while responding to a point of order, Adv Mudenda asked him to withdraw the statement and reprimanded him for the behaviour he had shown in the House.

    Adv Mudenda, a Zanu-PF Politburo member, led the probe team to Mashonaland Central last week after the province was the first to pass a first vote of no confidence on Cde Kasukuwere, who hails from the province.

    All the other Zanu-PF provincial chairpersons, except for Bulawayo, followed suit in passing a vote-of-no-confidence on Cde Kasukuwere, who stands accused of creating parallel structures in a bid to oust President Mugabe and other various allegations of undermining the party.

    This was after Adv Mudenda noted that Cde Kasukuwere was acting in an awkward way and demanded an explanation to his actions.

    “I want to thank you for that Mr Speaker Sir,” responded Cde Kasukuwere. “But as chairperson of a (Zanu-PF) probe team looking into my case, I will come and greet you as I go out.”

    Adv Mudenda was not amused that Cde Kasukuwere wanted to introduce the subject on the Zanu-PF probe team in the House. “Honourable Kasukuwere, can you withdraw the last part of your statement (on the probe team),” he said. Cde Kasukuwere duly complied and withdrew his reference to the probe team.

    Adv Mudenda was also not happy that Cde Kasukuwere, who is also the Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing, set out to shake hands with all Zanu-PF legislators when he entered the Chamber, making a spectacle of himself.

    After briefly taking his seat, Cde Kasukuwere rose and moved around the Chamber, greeting lawmakers from the Zanu-PF side and caused a scene when he hugged Hurungwe East MP Cde Sarah Mahoka, a departure from shaking of hands he had been doing in respect of other backbenchers.

    After completing the greeting of legislators on the two front rows, Minister Kasukuwere went to the back rows where he continued greeting the other legislators, prompting Tafara/Mabvuku MP Mr James Maridadi to raise a point of order.

    Minister Kasukuwere left the Chamber before Mr Maridadi had started speaking, resulting in Adv Mudenda calling him back, but he did not take heed.

    Buhera South MP Cde Joseph Chinotimba (Zanu-PF) followed him outside to inform him that he was wanted by the Speaker back in the Chamber. Upon his return, Mr Maridadi questioned why Minister Kasukuwere was behaving awkwardly and why he was greeting Zanu-PF legislators only.

    “Is it because he got anointing water from Mudzidzi Wimbo to apply on Zanu-PF MPs?” said Mr Maridadi, drawing laughter from the Chamber. Adv Mudenda then said he was surprised by Minister Kasukuwere’s conduct.

    “You are going around greeting people and that is very unusual,” he said. “I have been here (in Parliament) for a while and I have never seen that happening. May I request that you sit down as you normally do.”

  • - chronicle
  • Embattled zanu-pf national political commissar Cde Saviour Kasukuwere has summoned all the party’s provincial chairpersons for a meeting in Harare on Wednesday, but faces resistance as the same officials passed a vote of no confidence on him.

    All the provincial chairpersons except Bulawayo recently passed a vote of no confidence on Cde Kasukuwere who stands accused of creating parallel structures allegedly in a bid to oust President Mugabe.

    Cde Kasukuwere has also fallen out of favour with war veterans who now want someone with liberation credentials to head the commissariat department. The argument is that Cde Kasukuwere is causing divisions in the ruling party when his chief mandate is mass mobilisation.

    Cde Kasukuwere’s commissariat department sent messages to all the provincial chairpersons informing them about Wednesday meeting.

    “Good afternoon comrades there will be mobilisation meeting on Wednesday 3 May 2017 at 10am in the commissariat boardroom 3rd Floor zanu-pf headquarters. Please bring your reports with updates on restructuring and state of the party,” reads the message.

    But provincial chairpersons who spoke to The Herald last night expressed reservations about the meeting.

    They said provinces passed a vote of no confidence on Cde Kasukuwere and it was important that the issues they raised in their petitions be addressed first. Cde Kasukuwere, they said, was jumping the gun.

  • - herald
  • IN spite of the difficult socio- economic challenges the country is facing the much-awaited Harare International Festival of the Arts (Hifa) roars to life today (2 May 2017) in its traditional six-day format, stretching to Sunday after a one-year sabbatical due to financial constraints and a low sponsor turnout.

    The festival that showcases arts and culture in the genres of music, spoken word, applied craft and design, theatre, fashion and dance will be held under the theme Hifa 2017: Staging an Intervention.

    The internationally-acclaimed grandee of music Oliver “Tuku” Mtukudzi headlines the stellar line-up of artistes set to perform at a musical extravaganza to mark the official opening of the festival night at Harare Gardens.

    The opening show to be staged under the theme Let Our Song Be Sung, will feature Mtukudzi, Amanda a la Banda from Italy and Grammy nominated Afro-roots star and humanitarian activist, Rocky Dawuni from Ghana.

    The festival founder and artistic director, Manuel Bagorro last week while addressing the media in the capital said he was grateful and excited the festival is back, adding he was proud of the programming this year.

    “Where the magic of Hifa lives is in the six-day format, that is why we are all back here.

    Associate executive director, Tafadzwa Simba said festival-goers should not worry about cash shortages, as they had facilitated the useage of plastic money during the festival. “We have increased the number of point-of-sale machines. So we now have an adequate number and people will not face any hassles,” he said.

  • - newsday
  • WAR veterans have warned President Robert Mugabe that he might go down together with his beleaguered Zanu PF national political commissar, Saviour Kasukuwere in next year’s general elections if he continues shielding the latter.

    Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans’ Association spokesperson, Douglas Mahiya yesterday said the former fighters were unamused and accused Mugabe of protecting Kasukuwere in order to create a dynasty.

    Mugabe last week sent a high-powered Zanu PF probe team to Bindura to investigate Kasukuwere after the party’s 10 provinces recently endorsed the call for his ouster for reportedly plotting to dethrone Mugabe, among other charges.

    But war veterans said they suspected Mugabe just wanted to buy time and give Kasukuwere another chance to rebuild his battered political profile.

    “We had expected the leadership of the party to act with speed because this is an issue we have been pushing for a long time. There is nothing

    special about Kasukuwere. Nobody raised the issue of the constitution when we were expelled, but now they want to appear to be following the law,” Mahiya said.

    “We can see through him (Mugabe). He wants an emasculated Kasukuwere, so he can use him in the creation of his dynasty. It is not going to work. They will both go down.”

    Mahiya announced the war veterans would field a candidate to challenge Kasukuwere in his Mt Darwin South constituency next year.

  • - newsday
  • THE committee tasked to probe allegations against Zanu-PF National Political Commissar Cde Saviour Kasukuwere is compiling its report and expects to hand it over to the appointing authority, President Mugabe, sometime this week, a committee member has said. Zanu-PF national spokesperson Cde Simon Khaya Moyo, who was part of the four-member probe team, yesterday said the decision lies with President Mugabe.

    “The report will be given to the President because the committee looking into allegations against Kasukuwere is the President’s committee,” he said. “President Mugabe is the appointing authority. He will be given the report and will decide the next step,” he said.

    Cde Khaya Moyo’s statements come in the wake of claims in some sections of the media that the fact-finding mission had exonerated Cde Kasukuwere inspite of the fact that 10 provinces raised petitions against him, all of which were for the attention of the Politburo, which is the secretariat of the Central Committee, Zanu-PF’s highest decision-making organ outside Congress.

    Cde Kasukuwere is accused of presiding over the destruction of Zanu-PF, through setting up parallel structures with a view to deposing President Mugabe at an envisaged special Congress.

  • - herald
  • LOCAL Government, Public Works and National Housing Deputy Minister Christopher Chingosho has joined growing calls for the dismissal of his boss at the ministry, Zanu-PF political commissar, Cde Saviour Kasukuwere, from both Government and the party.

    Cde Kasukuwere is the Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing. Cde Chingosho was speaking in an interview while describing circumstances surrounding his attack by rowdy youths during a Manicaland Provincial Coordinating Committee held last week.

    Some members of the Central Committee had to physically protect Cde Chingosho at the meeting after some of the youths took weapons such as chairs in a bid to physically harm him.

    “I feel that the attack was a planned thing,” he said. “This is because before the meeting started I was surprised to see Cde Shadreck Mashayamombe around and he had come early and held a number of private meetings mobilising youths and some provincial members to try and stop the votes of no confidence that were passed against national commissar Cde Kasukuwere and provincial chairman Cde (Samuel) Undenge and his wife (Letina).”

    Cde Chingosho said he was then attacked after saying Manicaland Provincial Affairs Minister Mandi Chimene and Zanu-PF Secretary for Youth Affairs should also have votes of no confidence passed against them for undermining the authority of the President. “I was attacked because I stood up and notified the meeting that they had left two other dangerous people (Cde Chimene and Cde Chipanga) in the province who are also equally guilty (as Cdes Kasukuwere and Undenge and his wife) of undermining the President,” he said.

  • - chronicle
  • About

    public.co.zw is Zimbabwe online notice board, we look all over the internet for zimbabwe latest news and interesting information that affects our everyday life and pin them here.

    An Elitepages Project