Latest News Updates

THE Government has said it will not allow Tajamuka/Sesijikile pressure group to hold its planned protests as it has a record of violence.

Tajamuka/Sesijikile has declared 20 to 25 June as “the days for a total shutdown” as the group plans to lead protests across the country. However, analysts have since dismissed the group as being made up of hopeless attention seekers.

The Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, Cde Obedingwa Mguni, on Friday said while the Government recognises the constitutional provision of the right to protest, it will not let unruly elements abuse that right. Cde Mguni said the Tajamuka/Sesijikile group has a record of holding violent protests, thus the Government would not tolerate their planned protests.

Last year the grouping called for similar mass protests which flopped dismally, save for a few isolated chaotic scenes where Tajamuka/Sesijikile hooligans broke into shops and looted goods. Police arrested 95 people in Harare in connection with the isolated disturbances.

  • - sundaynews
  • About

    public.co.zw is Zimbabwe online notice board, we look all over the internet for zimbabwe latest news and interesting information that affects our everyday life and pin them here.

    An Elitepages Project