ZIMBABWEANS are feared to be among the people who died in a blast that happened at a disused mine in South Africa where 29 bodies have been retrieved while 11 people were rescued.
The accident is suspected to have occurred on Thursday last week at Harmony Gold mine shaft in Welkom, Free State, but was discovered earlier this week.
Zimbabwe Consul-General in South Africa Mr Batiraishe Mukonoweshuro said the suspected illegal miners are said to have forced open the defunct mine using explosives. After several blasts the mine collapsed on them.
He said South African officials have started a rescue mission which has seen several bodies being removed.
public.co.zw is Zimbabwe online notice board, we look all over the internet for zimbabwe latest news and interesting information that affects our everyday life and pin them here.An Elitepages Project